FAR 103 NOTE
The Lite Edition is NOT FAR 103 compliant since this set only includes one strip of lights. When installed on your paramotor, they can either face forward or backward. Meaning you won't have full coverage of the sky with a single strip of lights.
Super Lights (Lite Edition)
These lights are a great way to have fun at twilight on your paramotor, and impress your friends. This set comes pre-programmed with a whopping 44 patterns, and most of them can be adjusted to create even more variety.
The Lite Edition only comes with one strip of lights!
How Super Lights Work
All the patterns in Super Lights are split into logical Groups to make navigating between patterns easier. Here's the list of groups with patterns:
- Strobes: aircraft strobe, navigation strobe, landing lights.
- Flags: American, Spanish, Italian, Mexican, French, Canadian, Portugal, Rebel, Gay Pride.
- Rainbow: fade wave, theater wave, fade, theater, rainbow cycle.
- Colors: fire, comet, fire flies, the matrix, loose connection, solid colors, color streak.
- Bouncing: rainbow night rider, rainbow tron, color night rider, color tron, bouncing balls.
- Holiday: festive, Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, Valentines, Saint Patrick, Easter, July 4th, Halloween, Thanksgiving.
- Police: chase lights, triple flash, red/blue, triple crawl, triple ring.
You use the Group button to change from one group to the next. When you reach the last group, you cycle back to the first group. If you need to get to the Strobe group quickly, press and hold the Group button for 2 seconds and the controller will reset to the Strobe group.
When a pattern is displaying, you generally have one of four options to customize the pattern. What is customizable is depended on the pattern displaying. The options that are available are the following:
- Brightness: The knob allows you to adjust how bright the patterns display. This is a global setting and applies to most all patterns while they are displaying. If you don't see a pattern when you should, you probably need to turn up the brightness.
- Flash Rate: This knob allows you to control how fast the pattern is changing. On some patterns, turning the rate all the way up will stop the flashing or movement.
- Color/Size: This knob can adjust either the color or the size of a pattern, and is not available on all patterns. Generally, if you can't adjust the color, you can adjust the size. In some cases the size could be the percentage of a color being displayed, like the black pixels on the Festive pattern.
The Super Lights controller can be put into different mode base on how the unit is turned on. Just turning the unit on will put it in Normal mode. Holding buttons and setting knob positions will put it into another mode. Here are the available modes.
Random Pattern Mode
In this mode every pattern is displayed at random except patterns in the Strobe group. The delay between patterns can be set with the Flash Rate knob (see below). Any adjustments you made to each pattern will be used when displaying the patterns.
Pushing the Pattern button while in this mode will pause the display on the current pattern. Pushing it again will resume displaying the patterns in random order. At any time you can push the Group button to immediately switch to the Strobe group. Once in the Strobe group you can use the Pattern button to navigate the Strobe patterns as normal. Push the Group button again to return to displaying the patterns.
To enter this mode, set the Flash Rate knob between its min and max position to set a delay between patterns of anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds. Then push and hold the Pattern button and turn on the unit. Two (2) red dashes will flash and display to indicate this mode is set. Release the Pattern button.
In this mode the last pattern you displayed in each group in Normal mode, except the Strobe group, is displayed sequentially looping at the end. The delay between patterns can be set with the Flash Rate knob (see below). Any adjustments you made to each pattern will be used when displaying the patterns.
Pushing the Pattern button while in this mode will pause the display on the current pattern. Pushing it again will resume. At any time you can push the Group button to immediately switch to the Strobe group. Once in the Strobe group you can use the Pattern button to navigate the Strobe patterns as normal. Push the Group button again to return to displaying the patterns.
To enter this mode, set the Flash Rate knob between its min and max position to set a delay between patterns of anywhere from 3 to 15 seconds. Then push and hold the Group button and turn on the unit. Three (3) red dashes will flash and display to indicate this mode is set. Release the Group button.
LED Strip Initialization
The Super Lights controller comes pre-programmed for a 4 meter 240 LED strip with the center of the strip positioned at the top of your ring and the controller placed on the pilot's left side. Reasons to run Initialization:
- You need the controller on the pilot's right side, mounting the LED clockwise.
- You need to offset the center of the LED strip so it's not at the top center of your ring.
- You need to cut off some LEDs and make the strip shorter.
To enter this mode, turn all the knobs to their fully left position, then push and hold both Pattern and Group buttons and turn the unit on. The ring will flash red several times and beep. Release the buttons. See the back of the controller for further instructions.
The battery included with your Super Lights is a 10,000 mAh one cell battery. The battery includes both over and under charging protection. This should keep your battery in a safe working condition. Always keep the battery charged, and never store for long periods of time when the charge is low or depleted.
|Weight||398g (14.0 oz)|
|Dimensions||185mm x 80mm x 30mm (7.2"x3.1"x1.1")|
|Battery||10,000 mAh LiPo (with over/under charge protection)|
Unlike aviation, paramotoring is an unregulated sport. This means the pilot is directly responsible for their own safety and the safety of others around them. As with anything added to your paramotor, it is your responsibility to add this item to your pre-flight! Always inspect the controller, cables, and LED strips for any damage or alteration. If something isn't right, remove it or don't fly!
- Super Lights LED Controller
- 4 meter LED strip with 240 LEDs
- 4 double sided Velcro strips 7" long each
- 7" LED extension cable
- 40 4" Zip-ties to attach to your netting
- Micro/Mini USB Charging Cable (everyone has one of these laying around)